2017 15" Lenovo ThinkPad P51 Nvidia Quadro M1200 + [email protected] (Aorus Gaming Box) + Win10 [TrunkMonkey-Jr]  

RSS

TrunkMonkey-Jr
(@trunkmonkey-jr)
November 19, 2018 3:44 am  

My setup includes a ThinkPad P51 with the 15.6" 1080p non-touchscreen LCD panel. The hardware is spec'd at: 
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ
iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 630
dGPU: Nvidia Quadro M1200 4gb
RAM: 8gb (upgraded to 16)
Storage: 500gb HDD (500gb m.2 SSD coming)

eGPU: Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Box 1070

Pictures unavailable currently

Installation steps:
I am not a good judge of this, as I need to do a clean install of Windows. I've changed so much that it made it much harder than it's supposed to be

Benchmarks unavailable currently

Comments:
This eGPU has not only improved the gaming on my ThinkPad, but my productivity as well. With the ability to attach multiple monitors, the multiple applications I usually have open (usually 8-10) can be spread out across multiple work areas, allowing for less time spent looking for exactly what I need. This eGPU took a perfect business laptop and transformed it into (imo) the best productivity/gaming setup I could ask for. Not only that, but it it matches or outperforms my desktop rig, which has a Ryzen 5 1600x and RX580 8gb. When gigabyte comes out with newer mini-ITX cards (hopefully the 20- series cards or the vega cards) an upgrade is definitely going to happen. I had to upgrade the RAM because I regularly use almost 8gb. The pre-installed 8gb was not enough.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote