2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP555) [7th,4C,H] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1909
Mid 2017 15" Macbook Pro (i7-7700HQ, 16GB Ram, RP555)
Running perfect on Win10 and MacOS 10.15.4
MSI AirBoost Vega 56
For Mac OS:
1. Plug your Core into your laptop (I use the top right port but I can confirm it works with top left one as well)
2. Enjoy your eGPU. For any applications you wish to use for the egpu, right click the app icon, get info and prefer egpu.
For Windows 10:
1. Install Windows 10 using bootcamp (I actually used windows 10 education)
2. Download drivers from bootcampdrivers.com (use the instruction video that is linked to from the download) I used the 2020 red gaming edition drivers.
replace pci.sys file from windows 1903 using these instructions
4. Restart to windows with egpu plugged in to top right port before powering on
5. All works for me. I haven't tried to hotswap btw.
The Vega 56 works at x4 lanes and is able to recognize my Freesync monitor. I've played games for a few hours and ran Furmark to check stability.
Thanks to @Jongz Puangput as I followed his basic guide.