2017 15" Macbook Pro RP560 + [email protected] (Aorus Gaming Box) + Win10 [harshw]^  

RSS

harshw
(@harshw)
Eminent Member
November 24, 2017 10:29 pm  

I got an Aorus 1080 Gaming Box (Amazon had them for $699) . Getting it working with Windows 10 & Bootcamp on my MBP 2017 was painless. I simply connected the AGB's TB3 input to the top-left TB3 port on the MBP and DP and HDMI outputs of the AGB to my monitors. I also kept my Kensington TB3 dock connected to the top-right TB3 input on the Mac. 

Win10 & BootCamp: Booted into Windows, downloaded the NVIDIA driver and rebooted again - and was ready to go. I'm using the AGB to play Prey and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

I get the same results on 3D Mark for Timespy @2560 x 1440 as others have gotten: 64xx ~  67xx.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
(@pliskin_leung)
December 18, 2017 10:54 pm  

Have you tried headless HDMI? It becomes slow when entering Fullscreen. Even it shows 60 fps in system but it looks like 20 fps

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Seanlhy
(@seanlhy)
July 24, 2018 6:51 pm  

So it was basically plug and play for you? I'm planning to get the 1070 version of the Aorus gaming box for my 15" 2017 MBP, and the only thing deterring me is all these errors I see other people having. Have you encountered any errors thus far?

ReplyQuote
FlyingTexan
(@flyingtexan)
Eminent Member
November 30, 2018 6:06 pm  

Have you gotten this to work with just the MacBook pro?

ReplyQuote