2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station 2) + macOS 10.13.1 [unknownsolo] // modded Node with SFX-L 800W Titanium PSU, Noctua front fan
- MacBook Pro 2017 15" with Radeon 560 dGPU
- Acer Predator x34 Ultrawide monitor (3440x1440)
- DisplayPort cable
- nvidia 1080TI Founder's
Steps for macOS High Sierra
- Fresh High Sierra install
- Make sure SIP is ENABLED
- Install nVidia drivers (this is important, if you get an error during nvidia driver installation, it won’t work and SIP is most likely still DISABLED, you need to make sure SIP is ENABLED. The nvidia driver install should run without any errors. Try to boot to recovery and enable SIP then try installing nvidia driver again without any errors)
- Once nvidia driver is installed, boot to recovery, disable SIP
- Boot to OSX, install this app then reboot
- Boot to OSX, Login, plug-in eGPU, logout…at this point your external monitor should be working.
NOTE: When logging in the first time and plugging in your eGPU, it shows nvidia chip something something, but once you log out and have your external monitor work, then log back in, it shows nVidia 1080Ti.
Im using the ASUS XG Station 2 - LOVE IT - badass eGPU enclosure
Another thing I have noticed with my Macbook, DO NOT use the left ports, use the ports on the right, for some reason, I had weird problems with the left ports (ignore me using the left ports in the pictures - It was before I knew not to use them)
haha, yes, I also have the 2017 MBP with Radeon 560, it works fine after installing the app.
I will update to 10.13.1 and report back later today
I also got it working with the new update. Simply updated the Nvidia driver, disabled SIP again and installed v2 of the app here:
Any chance you could help me out? I followed through with all of your steps, but it's srill not showing in my system report or even on my monitor. I'm running latest High sierra and a MBP 2017 13 inch non-touchbar.