Setup & Software Discussions
2017 13" HP Spectre X360 [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1050 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Lenovo TB3 GFX Doc...

2017 13" HP Spectre X360 [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1050 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Lenovo TB3 GFX Dock) + Win10 [ImDe]  

RSS

ImDe
 ImDe
(@imde)

Hi,

Wanted to share my experience with this build, since this dock doesn not support all laptops. 

Equipment:

Good news:

• This setup does really work

AIDA64

CUDA Z

Bad news:

• Cable Matters 6.6 ft. does not work under load when you run any game. If it stays idle, it's fine. Native short cable works without issues.
  • There is a problem with USB ports, though I think there is something wrong with the laptop. I had AORUS 1080 gaming box and there was the same problem - mouse or keyboard starts periodically freezing for a second, so it becomes unplayable. I used wireless and wired mouses, changed power settings, updated bios, changed power management in device manager - nothing helps.

Verdict:

• If you need a portable GPU (though it's not so portable, dock + charger weights more than laptop) and you have free USB ports on your laptop or tablet than it can be worth it. But my hope to use the laptop far away from the dock using only 1 thunderbolt port finally died :<

IMG 20181231 182655 (2)

This topic was modified 11 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

itsage liked
ReplyQuote