December 31, 2018 3:30 pm
Wanted to share my experience with this build, since this dock doesn not support all laptops.
- 2017 HP Spectre x360 13"
- Lenovo graphics dock
- Cable Matters Active Thunderbolt 3 Cable Black 6.6 ft.
- This setup does really work
- Cable Matters 6.6 ft. does not work under load when you run any game. If it stays idle, it's fine. Native short cable works without issues.
- There is a problem with USB ports, though I think there is something wrong with the laptop. I had AORUS 1080 gaming box and there was the same problem - mouse or keyboard starts periodically freezing for a second, so it becomes unplayable. I used wireless and wired mouses, changed power settings, updated bios, changed power management in device manager - nothing helps.
- If you need a portable GPU (though it's not so portable, dock + charger weights more than laptop) and you have free USB ports on your laptop or tablet than it can be worth it. But my hope to use the laptop far away from the dock using only 1 thunderbolt port finally died :<
This topic was modified 2 years ago