Setup & Software Discussions
2012 11" MacBook Air [3rd,2C,U] + GTX 1060 @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (Zotac AMP Box Mini...

2012 11" MacBook Air [3rd,2C,U] + GTX 1060 @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (Zotac AMP Box Mini) + Win10 [hui wai hang]  

RSS

hui wai hang
(@hui_wai_hang)

It's very easy to install on win 10!!!

I connected eGPU to my Air and boot windows normally, I can see it in device manager but  named: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter with yellow question mark.

Firstly, install win 10 via bootcamp; 
Secondly, prepare "apple_set_os.efion a memory stick;

Lastly, follow steps listed below to detect the eGPU on windows 10:

• shut down Mac fully
  • connect all the cable correctly except the TB cable on Mac side
  • turn on the power of eGPU
  • boot into rEFInd interface
  • click apple_set_os.efi
  • when win10 boot, connect the TB cable on the Mac side immediately (**** Timing is the most IMPORTANT!!!, if failed, repat this again and again)
  • if you can boot into windows successfully, then you will find your eGPU in device manger under display adapters named 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' or something like that
  • right click it and let windows upgrade the driver (I only failed to install NVIDIA's driver in before)
  • GTX 1060 will work normally after reboot

Next time, you can boot into windows directly and the eGPU will work fine.

Thanks eGPU.io and "Duelsol" ,for those excellent guides!

This topic was modified 2 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@hui_wai_hang , please be sure to complete the build guide template for inclusion as a build guide.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote