iGPU : Intel Iris PLus650
operating system : Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5

eGPU hardware 
eGPU enclosure : Razer Core X
video card : Zotac GTX1060 Amp!Edition 6Gb
third-party TB3 cable : Razer thunderbolt 0.5m
Monitor : 24inch Dell SE2417HG

Hardware pictures 

Installation steps (what did you do to get it all going?)

1. Plug in the razer core x when booting windows ( logo spinning)
2.Instal the Nvdia Driver
3. Enjoy the card

Comments 
Sometime my sound driver will be disabled automatically, have to disable and enable at device manager to make it work again
2. Trackpad seems like malfunction, although I use mouse 🙂
3 . When I connect external monitor directly to egpu or mbp, I feel like the cursor is not moving smoothly as in the internal monitor. Another problem is I cant gaming on external monitor, not sure is it because my game is installed in external HDD because my mbp got 256Gb only.

I hope someone can teach me how can I play game on my external monitor, the flow is not there as compared in the internal monitor.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
September 13, 2018 4:07 pm  

Set the external monitor to be the primary display and you'll be able to use eGPU with it. I also noticed the lower memory speed in CUDA-Z. It's likely you used a right Thunderbolt 3 port for this setup. Switch to using one of the left ports to get full bandwidth.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

86 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
(@egpu_freak)
September 14, 2018 9:21 am  

Thanks for your advice, I will swap the port and update here if there is any difference.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@egpu_freak)
September 17, 2018 1:11 am  

I used a left thunderbolt 3 which near the 'esc' key. If I switch to the port near 'tab' key, error 12 occur. What do you suggest?

ReplyQuote