mid-2017 15" Macbook Pro RP560 + [email protected] (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [ joshu_111]^  

RSS

joshu_111
(@joshu_111)
June 19, 2017 4:19 am  

Hello egpu community,

After lot of trial and error, and with help of egpu forum I was able to get egpu working on my MacBook pro over external display.

Here is how I did it, hope it helps...

step 1: install windows 10 using bootcamp assist and let it install windows bootcamp drivers. Use Version 1511 (November Update) later versions do not work. And Do not connect egpu enclosure at this time.

step 2: shutdown and connect egpu to thunderbolt port on left side and facing you . Connect external monitor connected to egpu, start windows while egpu connected to mac, it will install necessary drivers if does not do it automatically, go to device manager and update drivers software...

step 3: After successfully updating drivers you will see your egpu name in device manager and warning sign around it.

step 4: download  this and run integrated.bat as administrator.. Do not forget as administrator

step 5:  shut down and boot into Mac OS . Perform USB stick creation procedure as  mentioned on this page.

step 6 : shut down mac os and boot while holding option key, select option which says "EFI boot"... wait for a while, your external display might flash for a second.

step 7: once windows is booted go to device manager, you will see three gpus, select you dgpu and disable it, keep intel gpu enabled. After few seconds your egpu will come to life and take over, you will get output on external monitor.

step 8: At this time you can use external only mode using command+p, no need for laptops screen...Enjoy

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ed_co, theitsage and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote