- Dell XPS 13" 9370 (2018)
- Intel Core i5-8350U, 3600 MHz max
- 16GB DDR3-1066
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 Video Adapter
- 2 X TB3 (32 GBps, a.k.a. 4 lanes) + 1 USB-C 3.1 (no type A USBs)!
- 4K touch panel
- 1TB NVMe PCIe GIGABYTE GP-GSM2NE3100TNTD
- Windows 10 Pro
- egpu enclosure: Razer Core X
- Using the 0.5m TB3 cable that came with it.
- Added a custom led light strip, externally powered & controlled - a poor man's Chrome:-)
- Dispatched to UK from Hong Kong in 3 days (!) in the midst of Corona virus outbreak, very happy with them!
- Graphics card: EVGA RTX 2060 KO Ultra Gaming (06G-P4-2068)
Hardware pictures (note: require 5+ posts for "attach files" button to appear. Or can link from say http://imgur.com BUT post the .jpg/.png image file rather than a link to it)
coming later 🙂
Mostly plug and play, had to install drivers twice after some Windows + Intel driver updates. But runs smoothly for the last couple of days 🙂
- 2656 (read)
- 264190 (copy)
- 1080p Medium: 12974
- 1080p High: 9824
- 1080p Extreme: 4439
- VR Maximum, Vive Pro: 7753
- 1080p Extreme: 2100
Huge upgrade from my previous desktop with GTX 1650 - more than twice the FPS in most games & benchmarks.
I bought it mainly for VR (Quest via Virtual Desktop, wireless baby) & a handful more games & also have a thin laptop for mobility. I'm really happy with it so far!
A small complaint is that when the laptop goes onto sleep mode, the Core X is idling with fans on very low speed (silent, but still going). I need to turn off the laptop for Core X to go into standby mode with fans off.
Also, using the internal screen at 1080p doesn't make a big difference in speed (2-3%), maybe cause of TB3 x 4
Apologies for small review & no pictures (can't post 'em), coming later!
Check my 3070 upgraded build 😉