2018 13" HP Spectre x360 13 + [email protected] (Razer Core X) + Win10 Pro [caesar]
as I have benefited from this forum during my hardware selection process, I'd like to share my experience with this community as well.
- 2018 Gem Cut HP Spectre X360 13.3''
- i7-8565U (Whiskey Lake)
- Intel UHD 620 iGPU
- 16GB Ram
- 1TB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134
- TB drivers 17.4.77.x
- Razer Core X
- MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 X6
- conntected to external monitor via HDMI
- stock .5m TB3 cable
setup was realy easy and basically plug & play:
- used Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update BIOS, drivers and software
- Windows recognized the Razer Core X and GTX 1060 immediately and installed the Nvidia software / control center
- set eGPU to primary / default GPU in Windows via Nvidia Control Panel
so far, I am realy happy with this setup:
- Spectre x360 13 is ultra portable and satisfies my daily needs for mobility and performance
- eGPU installation was very easy and enables the occasional desire to play some games
I hope this build guides helps other community members.
HP Spectre x360 13 | Razer Core X | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 X6