2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro)...

Notifications
Clear all

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 1809 [goalque]  

of  2
  RSS

dia3olik
(@dia3olik)

Posted by: goalque

@dia3olik

Yes, I am using the original PSU and I know that FurMark will likely result in power-down. For computation tasks and light gaming it should be ok (under 300W).

Would have to heavily modify for HDPLEX 400W AC-DC.

@eightarmedpet  Happy with the performance but I don't own any higher-end Nvidia, so cannot compare performance against them.

thanks!

my box is fine with the RX580 but using a Vega 56 there's coil whine from the card when it's under load, did you experience this with the VII too?

MM2018 + XG Station Pro + RX580/Vega 56

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: dia3olik
thanks!

my box is fine with the RX580 but using a Vega 56 there's coil whine from the card when it's under load, did you experience this with the VII too?

Yes, I can distinguish electrical noise during AIDA64 memory copy (at different frequencies), but not that high pitch in games (I suppose it depends on the game) and actually the MBP fan becomes the loudest component if the task is CPU intensive.

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 1809 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
 of  2