Setup & Software Discussions
2018 14" Huawei MateBook X Pro (MX150) [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1660 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB3 (Ma...

2018 14" Huawei MateBook X Pro (MX150) [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1660 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + Win10 [JediTreasley]  

RSS

JediTreasley
(@jeditreasley)

Ok guys, I really appreciate the replies here.  I have a Mantiz Venus and a GTX 1660 Ti on the way (they will be here Thursday).

My main objective with this post is to ask what I need to be aware of when using this as a closed system:  laptop closed, attached to a display, keyboard and mouse attached.  Essentially like a desktop.  Do I need to be  enabling and disBaking the mx150 or anything.  Lot of conflicting information out there.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
ganmo
(@ganmo)

@jeditreasley

How this build going? I have the same thought of a similar build but different laptop. Did you got it setup?

I'm wondering whether Mantiz goes to sleep if you put your laptop in sleep mode.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote