2018 14" Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 6 [8th,4C,U] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 [mechkbfan]
14" QHD, i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
- Install GPU into Razer Core X Chroma
- Turned on laptop & logged into Windows
- Plugged in using USB-C cable that came with Razer
- Approve the Thunderbolt device (Always setting)
- Let it install
- Downloaded NVidia drivers, unzipped them, then manually updated GPU via Device Manager
- I don't want all the crap that comes with NVidia software
- Restarted PC
- Running Windows in Extended mode instead of only the primary monitor (bit of a PITA)
Did you have issues with USB peripherals no longer working after coming out of sleep or shutdown?
I don't remember this being an issue, but I also stopped using USB & ethernet on the device because I thought it was causing stutters.
I've since sold my eGPU because bought a Ryzen desktop.