2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [Obbut]
- Install Windows 10 using the normal Boot Camp procedure
- Go to device manager and disable the PCIe x4 controller (there should be only one). This is the controller for the right side Thunderbolt ports. When not disabling it, you will probably get error 12 on both the internal dGPU and on the eGPU.
- Hotplug the eGPU after Windows has finished booting. If you plug it in before or while booting, it will cause both eGPU connected displays and your internal display to stay black.
- Install Nvidia drivers
- Right click on desktop -> Display settings
- Scroll down, click "Graphics Settings"
- Add the apps you want to use the eGPU for, and set them to "High Performance". It should show your eGPU as the high performance graphics card, and the internal Radeon as the power saving one.
- eGPU in left thunderbolt port, Vive USB in the right ports
- eGPU left, Vive USB left
- eGPU right, Vive USB left
- eGPU right, VIve USB right
- hotplugging any USB C device in the right Thunderbolt 3 ports will cause a BSOD
- the internal display does not work
So what's your process for booting up / using the egpu in Windows? Just hot plug when you want it? This seems contrary to everyone needing to plug it in at boot when the apple logo appears (with exact timing). I wonder when apple will address the throttling with the boot camp drivers :/
Thanks for the build!
Finally! A working solution!!!
Now we need a script to run in Windows to direct all apps to use eGPU and then a switch to set all to use dGPU when done.
iGPU would be preferred as you indicated because the laptops fans are going fast and Kiefer than needed
Things I have noticed...
I have to plug in the eGPU after windows is booted. This blocks the ability to not fiddle or leave the cable in. (Shame)
When I right click on the desktop and try and enter the Nvidia settings, I get a no Nvidia card attached to system error.
Can you double check your system and verify if you can enter the Nvidia control panel. (Without an external display attached)
Can you boot with the eGPU connected without issues? (Black internal screen at boot)
Thanks in advance!
i am using the same MBP with you, razer core x and RTX2060, i did the same settings with you, there is no error and im going tu use it on internal display. i have also did the settings in windows graphic settings but when i use this app, it use always the 560X, what should i do?