2018 15" Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 (GTX1060) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1060 @ 8Gbps-M2 (PCE164P-N06) + Win10 [zeroplay01]
ACER NITRO 5 AN515-52 (2018)
Installation steps (what did you do to get it all going?)
1. First try, the gpu not show up on device manager (first week)
- Disable PCI Bridge
- Disable D-Gpu
Still not recognize the gpu.
2. Second try, gpu show up on MSI B350 Gaming Pro (second week)
- I test it PCE164P-N06 on "MSI B350 Gaming Pro" and first try not running
- I change bios setting on MSI B350, pci line from 8x to 4x+4x with enable mining mode
- the PCE164P-N06 working on pc.
3. And then i test it on laptop again
a. Snap it Galax GTX1060 OC to PCE164P-N06
b. Turn on PSU with jumper
c. Plug in USB3 M2 Riser to PCI Nvme slot on notebook
d. Turn on notebook
Voila new video graphic hardware detected on device manager and after install nvidia driver, the device showing error 43, i try nvidia-error43-fixer to running well.
Single slot M.2 PCI on Acer AN515-52 is working to be installed EGPU with workarround first..
Hopefully, next time i will buy ADT-Link R43SG to test it.. 😀
Wow I'm amazed that this can work via USB. Can you post benchmarks of your discrete vs eGPU? Also is this setup working on pcie v3 x4 speeds?