- Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 15.6”
- Ryzen 7 2700U
- 32GB 2666Mhz
- RX Vega 10 iGPU
- RX 560X dGPU
- Win10 Pro Ver. 2004
- ADT-Link R53SL M.2 Wifi A.E
- Sapphire Nitro+ AMD RX 580 8GB
- Silverstone 500W PSU
- 144hz External Monitor
- following the usual procedure, Replace the wifi card with R53SL M.2 Wifi A.E cable.
- Mount GPU on ADT-Link R53SL
- Plug 4-pin floppy connector to adapter
- Connect external monitor on the GPU
- Shorted pins 16 and 17 (green and black wire) straight on to the power supply, so that I will not use the 24pin cables anymore.
- I Disabled dGPU and PCI port for the dGPU to remove dGPU on the display adapter list, because sometimes it won’t go PCIE x16 3.0 @ x1 1.1 to PCIE x16 3.0 @ x1 3.0 on GPU-Z when dGPU is enabled.
I have this eGPU working for almost 2 weeks now, and I’m not quite satisfied with the performance as I can only use it with PCIe x1 (3.0) too bad may m.2 slot is only sata. ☹
I will mostly prefer using dGPU when playing CS:GO as the FPS goes 100 – 150fps, but when I’m using the eGPU my fps just runs at 80 – 120fps.
I tried to install a fresh copy of windows.. and now I can play CS:GO at 230FPS at 1080p.
Any suggestions to make my system run smooth will be appreciated.