2018 15" HP Elitebook 1050 [email protected](Aorus Gaming Box) + WIN10 [Weiwei]  

RSS

Weiwei
(@wei_lu)
October 13, 2018 12:58 pm  

Please forgive me for using Google Translate

System specs

• Model:                  HP Elitebook 1050 G1
  • TB:                        JHL7540
  • Display:                1080P 60Hz
  • Internal GPU:       Intel UHD 630
  • Discrete GPU:      GTX1050 Max-Q (I closed it through the BIOS setup)
  • CPU:                     i7-8750H

eGPU hardware

• Enclosure:            Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Box
  • GPU:                    Gigabyte GTX1050Ti Mini
  • Cable:                  Gaming Box's original accessories
  • Power Supply:     Gaming Box's internal PSU

Benchmarks

Hardware pictures

Installation steps

• I bought an empty Gaming Box and put the Gigabyte 1050ti mini I bought from my friend into the box.
    Plug in the power cord and TB3 data cable and he will work.
  • When I need notebook leave home with me, just need to pull out the lightning 3 data cable.
  • I am very happy to experience such a simple way of computer acceleration!

Comments

• I occasionally need to take my notebook outdoors to work. I like the combination of a notebook and an external GPU.
  • If this computer is running 8750H and GTX1050 at the same time, the pressure of heat dissipation is very high.
  • I am looking forward to buying a Vega 56 Nano. I have not had this model in my country so I have some trouble.

PS:
Gigabyte Gaming Box can't charge my computer.HP software will prompt "low charging power".I already know that the PD charging power ≤ 60W, you will receive this prompt.
If I use the "Xiaomi" 65W power adapter, it can charge,and prompt "use a higher power source as much as possible".

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Weiwei
(@wei_lu)
November 10, 2018 1:39 pm  

Information shows that Gigabyte gaming box cannot provide enough power from the PD connector.
I don't have a test instrument, at least it really can't charge my computer.(needs≥65W)

TPS 65983B

Form: http://www.ti.com/product/tps65983b/description

The TPS65983B is a stand-alone USB Type-C and Power Delivery (PD) controller providing cable plug and orientation detection at the USB Type-C connector. Upon cable detection, the TPS65983B communicates on the CC wire using the USB PD protocol. When cable detection and USB PD negotiation are complete, the TPS65983B enables the appropriate power path and configures alternate mode settings for internal and (optional) external multiplexers.

The mixed-signal front end on the CC pins advertises default (500 mA), 1.5 A or 3 A for Type-C power sources, detects a plug event and determines the USB Type-C cable orientation, and autonomously negotiates USB PD contracts by adhering to the specified bi-phase marked coding (BMC) and physical layer (PHY) protocol.

The port power switch provides up to 3 A downstream at 5 V for legacy and Type-C USB power. An additional bidirectional switch path provides USB PD power up to 3 A at a maximum of 20 V as either a source (host), sink (device), or source-sink.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote