2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station 2) + Win10 [Suwit]
15" MacBook Pro 2018 (15,1), i7-8850H, Intel Graphics UHD630, AMD Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, Windows 10 1903 (bootcamp)
Monitor is AOC 2379H" FHD (1920x1080) with HDMI cable directly connect to eGPU
1. Clean install Microsoft Windows 10 (1903) via Boot Camp Assistant.
2. After Bootcamp driver installed on the system, use DDU to uninstall GPU driver.
4. Hot-plug and identify eGPU in device manager, Install lastest official NVIDIA driver.
5. Reboot and done.
It's suggested to do unplug while the system is shut down and hot-plug every time you fresh boot up to Windows (Shut down or restart) but sometimes it's unnecessary.
Optional for external monitor only
1. Connect the cable direct to GPU card (HDMI, DP or DVI)
2. Set display to show only external monitor via Windows Display setting.
3. Disable PCIe Controller 1901 in device manager.
An extra step to stop CPU throttling.
1. Install Intel XTU.
2. Set Turbo Boost Power Max to 25.0 W
3. Set Turbo Boost Short Power Max to 30.0 W
4. Set Turbo Boost Power Time Window to 5.0 S
5. Apply and done.
Do you always hit 60 FPS @ max settings in all your games at 1440p or do you just play at 1080p?
Have you tried disabling Turbo boost to stop the fans from ramping up or is 2.6GHz not enough power?
Would you achieve the same results with a RTX 2060 Super due to PCIe bandwith limitations?
Many thanks - Lee