2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 20H2 &...

Notifications
Clear all

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 20H2 & macOS 10.15.7  

RSS

bague2021
(@bague2021)

System specs 

Apple Intel Mac Mini 2018

Intel Core i7 8700B Intel UHD Graphics 630

32GB RAM

27“ LGUK850W 4K HDR

Corsair Harpoon RGB

eGPU hardware

Razer Core X 

IncludedTB3 Cable

Asus Rog Strix Vega 56

Installation steps

Mac Os plug and play.

The first one I used was win v1903. According to the instructions here in this forum everything worked fine. Then I forgot to turn off the updates and the 1909 version was installed and nothing worked with it.

After that I reinstalled v1903 and it ran for more than a year without any problems. But I did not make any more updates.

At the beginning of 2021 I tried to save the bootcamp patrition i.e. create an IMG. I was able to create the IMG, but when I tried to restore it, it didn't work. Worse was that the Bootcamp Patrition was now broken.

Then I thought, well if nothing works now, then you can do something for the forum here and you try the latest Win version.

Unbenannt

Unplug the eGPU and plug in HDMI Cable to the mac mini and the monitor.

Then i downloaded Windows 20H2 from the MS site. Then installed windows via Bootcamp Assitent.

Download the Adrenalin Dezember 2020 Red Gaming Edition.

After installation, boot windows and log in. The first thing I do is turn off the updates and disable the Intel PCI controller 1901 x16.

Then connect the egpu. A new device is detected.

Install the Adrenalin Dezember 2020 Red Gaming Edition.

After that you will be asked to restart windows.

After the first restart and connected eGPU.(I used the Thunderbolt 3 Port Nr 2 from the Ethernetport Side.) the picture flickers briefly on it is also windows to see but shortly after the picture goes black.

Then please shut down Windows. And connect HDMI cable and disconnect egpu from power once.

You will see the ERROR 12.

Once win is up again, go into the device manager and install the driver ( Adrenalin December) manually. You can just install the driver over it. If it does not work then just delete it from the device manager.

Than shutdown win, plug the eGPU and boot in to windows.

For me it took 2 restarts, the first time you saw win briefly, then black screen. The 2 time took a bit screen remained black but a short time later came the login window of win.

Benchmarks

Heaven Benchmark 4.0 Direct3D

FHD 

Quality : Ultra

Tessellation : Extreme

Unbenannt5

Heaven Benchmark 4.0 Direct3D

FHD 

Quality : Medium

Tessellation : Normal

Unbenannt4

Heaven Benchmark 4.0 OpenGL

FHD 

Quality : Ultra

Tessellation : Extreme

Unbenannt6

Comments 

For me there are 2 Key -moments, first install adrenaline along with the software. Then a manual installation of the driver. And I always did it with disabled the Intel PCI controller 1901 x16.

Unbenannt3

I used the Thunderbolt 3 Port Nr 2 from the Ethernetport Side.

Played games,

Rise of the Tomb Raider,

tombraider
tom2

Shadow of the Tomb Raider,

shadow4k

WQHD

shadow wqhd.PG

The Witcher 3,

Assassin’s Creed Origins ,

Hitman,

Star Wars Battlefront 2 etc.

In WQHD in High Settings. It looks very nice and gameplay is great.

This topic was modified 8 months ago

MAC MINI 2018 / 32GB RAM /I7 8700B / Intel UHD 630
Razer Core X Asus RogStrix Vega 56
MacOS 10.15.7 / WIndows 10 20H2 19042.631
LG UK850 W 27 " 4K HDR

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 20H2 & macOS 10.15.7 [build link]  

Mini i5 and itsage liked
ReplyQuote