2018 14" Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th Gen [8th,4C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (R...

Notifications
Clear all

2018 14" Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen [8th,4C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10  

RSS

shinramen
(@shinramen)

Hi folks,

This is my first eGPU setup.  New to this field, so definitely appreciate your comments.  

System specs

eGPU setup

Monitor

• LG 34UC88 ultrawide (3440 x 1440 QHD)
  • Connected via display port from Core X

Setting up:  honestly, this was the most pleasant part.  I did some basick reading on this website and others.  updated the thunderbolt firmware from Lenovo before connecting the eGPU.  Once the TB3 was plugged in, I was prompted to install Core X, followed by the GPU.  After downloading nvidia driver, everything was ready to go.  

Benchmarks

Unigine Valley Benchmark: 

FPS: 87.1

Score: 3643

Min FPS: 21.3

Max FPS: 144.2

UNigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

FPS: 91.2

Score: 2297

Min FPS 9.0

Max FPS: 173.8

What do you all think about the benchmark for this setup?  I am totally new to this hobby so i wasn't sure what to expect.  Does the score seem reasonable for this setup?  I am planning on using this setup for research work (microscopy, 3D image rendering) , but play some games on the side.  Curious to hear your thoughts on this setup and it's performance.   

thank you!

2018 14" Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen [8th,4C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

mr.ribeiro and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@shinramen, Welcome aboard and thank you for sharing this build! Can you provide the settings of those Unigine benchmarks?

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2018 Mac Mini [8th,4C,B] + RX Vega 56 Nano @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + macOS 12.0 & Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote