2019 13" Razer Blade Stealth [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Co...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 13" Razer Blade Stealth [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10  

RSS

gerd fuafsljfe
(@gerd_fuafsljfe)
Eminent Member

System specs 

Razer Blade Stealth 13.3"
Processor: i7-1065g7
Memory: 16GB LPDDR4-3733
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus
Windows 10

eGPU hardware

Razer Core X
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X 8GB
Running on internal monitor for now

Hardware pictures 

Maybe later

Installation steps

Plug, wait some time for the drivers to install automatically, and play

Benchmarks

Aida64:

Razer aida64

Unigine Valley Extreme HD on internal screen:

Razer Valley internal

Unigine Valley Extreme HD external:

Razer Valley external

Superposition Medium/Extreme internal:

Razer Superposition medium internal
Razer Superposition internal

Superposition Medium/Extreme external:

Razer Superposition medium external
Razer Superposition external

Comments

none so far

2020 14" Acer Swift 3 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
gerd fuafsljfe
(@gerd_fuafsljfe)
Eminent Member

Quite confusingly the performance on the external screen isnt better than on the internal screen. Anyone got an idea why? I replicated it twice, so it does not seem to be an abnormality

Its not a real screen though but a cheap TV. The image is zoomed in a bit, but that shouldnt impact performance right?

screen image
2020 14" Acer Swift 3 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Havnor
(@havnor)

Noticed that you have tried few notebooks with this setup and wondered which one did you end up keeping. I am planning on switching to eGPU hence would like your feedback for Razer Stealth or any other.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
gerd fuafsljfe
(@gerd_fuafsljfe)
Eminent Member

@havnor

Hi, 

i collected most of my thoughts in this thread: 

https://egpu.io/forums/which-gear-should-i-buy/benchmarking-different-notebooks/

The short form is: The Razer and the Lenovo S740 are very similar in terms of build quality and performance. 

I decided to keep the Lenovo because its a good bit cheaper and I read some bad stories about Razer Blades breaking and Razer taking some time to fix it. The Razer is probably a bit cooler/quieter. In any case I dont think you can go wrong with either.

ReplyQuote