2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10  

of  2
  RSS

Igor Kilimnik
(@igor_kilimnik)

@mac_editor

Hi, I have MBP 2019 1.4Ghz i5 (base) machine which runs Catalina. I really like your clean build and want to go the same route. I am planing to use ASUS RX 5600XT and Razer Core for my setup. 

I have a question about bootcamp red drivers and DDU. Since you didn’t run the DDU for your build, what happens with Iris 645 drivers in Win10. Should I just leave it alone or should I run DDU to get rid of them? 

Do you recommend red drivers or the latest AMD drivers?

Thank you!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

Posted by: @igor_kilimnik

Since you didn’t run the DDU for your build, what happens with Iris 645 drivers in Win10.

Nothing happens. Everything I did is in the build in a way I feel is best for this setup.

"Desultory reading is delightful, but to be beneficial, our reading must be carefully directed." — Seneca

Author: kryptonitepurge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance
Launching Apps on Specific (e)GPUs on macOS

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Igor Kilimnik
(@igor_kilimnik)

@mac_editor, ok. Does your build still have an active integrated GPU? Does it interefere in any way with eGPU?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

Does your build still have an active integrated GPU?

Yes if hot-plugging eGPU. No if booting with it plugged in.

Does it interefere in any way with eGPU?

No.

"Desultory reading is delightful, but to be beneficial, our reading must be carefully directed." — Seneca

Author: kryptonitepurge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance
Launching Apps on Specific (e)GPUs on macOS

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
frankthetank_98
(@frankthetank_98)

@mac_editor

Solid guide post, thanks so much! Im excited already. But could you please tell me whether the in-screen acceleration using vega64 in bootcamp is working? Im asking this because apparently in-screen acceleration in Mac OS using eGPU is disabled and the iGPU would just be the one running all the time. 

ReplyQuote
frankthetank_98
(@frankthetank_98)

@mac_editor

updates bro, now I got my win10 installed and the build is 18362.30

However, when I hot plug my eGPU to my 13' 2019 mbp, I get the blue screen that forces the laptop to restart. And while restarting, it would be stuck at the win10 logo. 

Can you advise me on this? Thanks in advance. 

ReplyQuote
 of  2