2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10  

of  2
  RSS

Igor Kilimnik
(@igor_kilimnik)

@mac_editor

Hi, I have MBP 2019 1.4Ghz i5 (base) machine which runs Catalina. I really like your clean build and want to go the same route. I am planing to use ASUS RX 5600XT and Razer Core for my setup. 

I have a question about bootcamp red drivers and DDU. Since you didn’t run the DDU for your build, what happens with Iris 645 drivers in Win10. Should I just leave it alone or should I run DDU to get rid of them? 

Do you recommend red drivers or the latest AMD drivers?

Thank you!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

Posted by: @igor_kilimnik

Since you didn’t run the DDU for your build, what happens with Iris 645 drivers in Win10.

Nothing happens. Everything I did is in the build in a way I feel is best for this setup.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Igor Kilimnik
(@igor_kilimnik)

@mac_editor, ok. Does your build still have an active integrated GPU? Does it interefere in any way with eGPU?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

Does your build still have an active integrated GPU?

Yes if hot-plugging eGPU. No if booting with it plugged in.

Does it interefere in any way with eGPU?

No.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  2