2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.6 & Win10 2004
- 13” MacBook Pro mid-2019 (4 TB3 ports, 15,2) i5-8279U (2.4 GHz Quad-Core i5), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Iris 655
- Razer Core X v2.
- Sapphire RX 5700 XT
- Included Thunderbolt 3 cable (0.5m) connected to bottom left TB3 port
- RX 5700 XT connected to LG 4K 60Hz monitor via HDMI
- Perform these steps with disconnected eGPU.
- Install Windows 10 2004 through BootCamp assistant (I allocated 40G, that's enough for me because I launch games from an external drive).
- When Windows is installed, connect eGPU to your Mac. In few moments automatic GPU setup will launch, you can see if the driver is installed in Device Manager, you should see "5700 XT" and in properties, there will be "Error 12".
Or install drivers manually.
In either case, if you're prompted to reboot, decline.
- Shut down your Mac.
- Disconnect eGPU.
- Turn on the Mac, launch Windows and log in to your profile.
- Connect your eGPU and reboot, only connected to the eGPU screen will work.
- Next time just reboot into Windows with eGPU plugged in (flashing Windows logo on internal display is normal, that's because Mac EFI disables internal GPU when AMD one is available, you could find info how to override that in other guides. I don't do that, because I need to preserve Secure Boot on my machine.
I am successfully running Arma 3 and Battlefield 1 in 4K@60fps at High settings with Freesync enabled.
Hi there , I just complete my egpu setup. MacBook mid 2015 i7 2.2 16gb ram 1600 mhz + 5700XT with RAZOR X CHROMA. I can't find any similar setup around. Do you know if I can give a chance to this ? Can be work ?