2019 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + macOS 10.15.3 & Win10 [kevin_smets]
2019 15" MacBook Pro
Intel Core i9-9880H @ 2.30GHz
512GB SSD / 16GB Ram
34" Philips 349P Curved @ 3440 x 1440 (Connected to eGPU)
SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G GDDR6 HDMI / Triple DP OC W/ BP (UEFI)
Standard Razer TB3 cable included with the Chroma box
Will come later
- Installed Windows 10 Pro v18362.295
- Edited group policies to block Windows updates
- Booted into safe mode and ran DDU v18.104.22.168, removed Gfx drivers and shut down
- Restarted without the eGPU and booted using Goalque‘s automate-eGPU EFI
- When booted into the menu of automate-eGPU, plugged in the enclosure and started windows
- When Windows was booted, downloaded AMD drivers for the RX 5700 XT from the AMD website and extracted them (did not install them!)
- By going to device manager -> update driver for the unrecognised graphics card -> selected the folder with the AMD drivers (C:\AMD) and they installed just fine
- Game on!
Just did a quick test with Doom 2016 hitting between 70 and 80 FPS on Vulkan.
Time Spy benchmark
Still on the first boot, will need to test if hot plugging works or if it needs to be connected when starting... Will do some benchmarking next.
Update 2020.04.13: Second boot without automate-gpu, but had to be connected before startup. Ran Time Spy benchmark