2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer C...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004  

of  4
  RSS

wkdtlsgy
(@wkdtlsgy)

@egangsterprocessingunit,

I was able to install rtx2070s safely with the information you told me. Thank you, but there's a problem. First of all, I'm almost in the same situation as you. 16-inch MacBook, Laser Enclosure, etc. My problem is,

1. After the Mac ends, the fans of the eGPU start spinning like crazy.
2.The MacBook does not turn on with the eGPU on.

I've been googling these two things, but there's no clear answer.
How about you? Is there a solution?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
eGangsterProcessingUnit
(@egangsterprocessingunit)
Eminent Member

@wkdtlsgy

For me, when I force shut down my MacBook then the fans of my eGPU start to spin like crazy. However, when I shut down the MacBook normally by pressing shut down in the start menu the fans just stop spinning. Hence, you should avoid force shutting down the MacBook (holding the power button).

When there are no AMD drivers for the dGPU, there is a very low chance that the MacBook will successfully boot whilst the eGPU is plugged in and powered on (cold boot). The safest way to get your ogpu working with your MacBook is the start the MacBook without your eGPU plugged in, wait for it to be fully booted and in windows. Then you plug in your eGPU cable and turn on the eGPU (hotplug).

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  4