2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gami...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 1903 [itsage]  

of  3
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@towelburner, This RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Box is still the most powerful and compact eGPU solution to date. Looking forward to seeing your feedback and a build soon!

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 14" MSI Prestige 14 EVO [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
towelburner
(@towelburner)

@itsage, Hi there! Took me longer to put everything in place, had to drill some holes for proper cable management in my desk, get myself a proper monitor, but I did eventually organized everything to look neat. Had a chance in the meantime to learn some cool stuff about overclocking and managed to get some pretty nice results after this. 

Here's a look at my set-up:

This is the benchmark before overclock-ing:

Below the benchmark after overclock-ing:

Overall, I'm the happiest with my 16" MBP, I'm able to use it at my office on macOS and be productive and I can happily boot Windows on it at home and do whatever I want during my free time. Mostly went through all the hassle to be able to play Modern Warfare at some good settings at a high FPS and I do not regret my choice. Feel free to ask me anything if you have any questions. 

Until then, wish you all the best, 

Greetings from lovely Romania!

MBP 16", 2.3 GHZ, 5500M 4GB

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@towelburner, That's a beautiful setup! Thank you for taking the time to share an update. Please post a build guide when you have a chance.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 14" MSI Prestige 14 EVO [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  3