2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Sta...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station 2) + macOS 10.15.2 & Win10 1903 [itsage]  

of  5
  RSS

Li Duan
(@li_duan)

@itsage, Great Thanks. This link is actually vert helpful. It totally solved my issue. At least it is working but it is weird to have to switch Tb3 port from left to right and then left each time booted up.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Max Schmitt
(@max_schmitt)

@itsage, Thank you for your instructions, worked on the first try like a charm!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
IndieFist Games And Music
(@indiefist_games_and_music)

I have made all steps and see my egpu connected and get graphics by displayport of egpu, but not works in unity3d and other software.

Installed also opencl but isnt recognized my 5700xt for other software

Any suggestion?

ReplyQuote
Eugene Obrezkov
(@eugene_obrezkov)

Didn't work for MacBook Pro 16' (Radeon Pro 5300M) + Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box + AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. Keeps complaining with Error 12.

What I tried so far?

- .30 build of Windows 1903
- Replacing pci.sys file
- booting with rEFind from USB stick
- and many other ideas from the forum

What are the results?

- With installed Intel UHD Graphics drivers it freezes on Windows boot (or maybe I'm getting a black screen, not sure)
- Witout isntalled Intel UHD Graphics it can load the Windows and show Radeon 5300M + Basic Display Adapter (Intel UHD)
- Error 12 for Radeon RX 5700 XT whatever I'm trying

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@eugene_obrezkov, Try an older version of modified Radeon drivers. Make sure to run DDU first.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Eugene Obrezkov
(@eugene_obrezkov)

@itsage I tried several versions from bootcamp drivers: January Red Gaming Edition, April Red Gaming Edition and a general version for all users - all of them work for dGPU with no issues, but eGPU still getting Error 12 🙁

This post was modified 5 months ago

ReplyQuote
Li Duan
(@li_duan)

@itsage, Hey, I notice the link https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php for downloading the correct version of windows 1903 V1 is not valid anymore. When you select that version, the downlink says not available for download. Is there any other means to get that version of windows ISO? Thanks

ReplyQuote
Gabriele Bertini
(@gabriele_bertini)

Have anyone managed to have it working on a Macbook 16 w i9?

I have reinstalled Windows 10 1903 v1 at least 5 times now, disabled windows update in every way (both services and local GP), run Bootcamp drivers, run DDU in safe mode, installed Adrenaline drivers from bootcampdrivers.com (April 2020 version); tried hot plug, coldplug, hotplug/coldplug without any other USB-C devices connected....nothing worked 🙁

I've a Macbook Pro 16 w i9 and 5500, Razer Core X and Gigabyte RX5700XT

Here's the result: https://ibb.co/GcJ7GyN

ReplyQuote
 of  5