2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core ...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903  

of  3
  RSS

wesker
(@wesker)

Hello, to complete my experience, I received all the parts to make the 9100F pc for less than 400 euros and I tested the performance. Curiously, I have the same geekbench result as with the egpu box (74000 with a VEGA RX);

By cons in games, it's totally different. Now the graphics card is fully exploited, I have an average of 80 to 120 fps on warzone and I no longer have any jerks. It heats up just as much, but the fans regulate the heat much better.

In short, I absolutely do not regret having returned the egpu to take a mini pc gamer. I just press the power button to arrive in 10 seconds in windows is magic. As I have the keyboard and a bluetooth mouse, I cut the mac and it detects the pc. and since the screen has two video inputs, it detects the signal that starts. Finally, as the radeon runs perfectly, I will also make it a hackintosh for my life, so that it will have its computer.

Again thank you for your advice on installation, it allowed me to find the best solution for my private / professional situation.

Good luck with your rtx 2070!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Sean Wu
(@sean_wu)

Looking smooth! Will want to do the same build as you!

Just a question. Is 4K HDR enabled using your build?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Zoltán Nagy
(@zoltan_nagy)

Hi there @remaker, I have a question: do I need to start the whole process offline or is it enough if I just don't connect to the wifi when prompted during the windows install? I'm asking because I did the latter, followed your tutorial to the letter and I'm still getting the code 12 error. It's driving me nuts, I've reinstalled my OS about 4 times in the last 5 hours, and I think I've tried everything I could find on this site, including different Windows versions. Has anything changed since you've posted this do you know, or is this working for you, happy as Larry? Thank you in advance! ^.^

MBP 16'' late 2019 :: Razer Core X Chroma :: Radeon RX 5700XT :: LG 5K2K

ReplyQuote
 of  3