2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ADT-Link R43SG...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ADT-Link R43SG * M.2-TB3) + macOS 10.15.1 & Win10 1903  

of  2
  RSS

(@evrim_aktepe)

This is impressive first of all..

I have some question. Can I use this setup on my ImacPro with Nvidia RTX card? 2080Ti maybe..

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@sirius_stern)

@itsage

Hi

Is it possible to charge mac with your egpu solution? 😀

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@sirius_stern It's not able to charge the laptop in this build configuration. The laptop actually provides a minimal downstream power to the M.2 Thunderbolt 3 board.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@dan_iii_zambrano, The ADT-Link R43SG + M.2-TB3 adapter should work with any Thunderbolt 3 Macs.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
(@dan_iii_zambrano)

@itsage, Thanks! Is it possible to use a power brick from an xbox? Can I convert it to and 8 pin? I can't find the dell power supply here where I live.

ReplyQuote
(@vorname_nach)

I just bought the ADT Link together with a 10GB/s M.2 NVME USB 3.1 Adapter. 
After some PCIe Card-try-outs I guess I can‘t make it work maybe it is because the USB 3.1 Standard can‘t transmit PCIe?

I just need 10GBit/s for example for SDI Capture Cards, do I still need to invest in a TB3 M2 Adapter?

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@vorname_nach, if you wish to connect a PCIe card to your 2019 MacBook it can be done using the Thunderbolt 3 port since it transmits PCIe. Correct, your NVME USB 3.1 adapter cannot be used to attach your ADT-Link R43SG since it doesn't transmit PCie.

A JEYI LEIDIAN or Wavlink UTE02 NVME-TB3 adapter mated to your ADT-Link R43SG will allow your PCie card to be used.   Laughing Out Loud  

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance

ReplyQuote
(@vorname_nach)

Stupid me tried to save money.
Thanks for clarification @nando4 !

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
 of  2