2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ADT-Link R43SG...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ADT-Link R43SG * M.2-TB3) + macOS 10.15.1 & Win10 1903  

of  6
  RSS

DAN III ZAMBRANO
(@dan_iii_zambrano)

@itsage, Thanks! Is it possible to use a power brick from an xbox? Can I convert it to and 8 pin? I can't find the dell power supply here where I live.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
vorname nach
(@vorname_nach)

I just bought the ADT Link together with a 10GB/s M.2 NVME USB 3.1 Adapter. 
After some PCIe Card-try-outs I guess I can‘t make it work maybe it is because the USB 3.1 Standard can‘t transmit PCIe?

I just need 10GBit/s for example for SDI Capture Cards, do I still need to invest in a TB3 M2 Adapter?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@vorname_nach, if you wish to connect a PCIe card to your 2019 MacBook it can be done using the Thunderbolt 3 port since it transmits PCIe. Correct, your NVME USB 3.1 adapter cannot be used to attach your ADT-Link R43SG since it doesn't transmit PCie.

A JEYI LEIDIAN or Wavlink UTE02 NVME-TB3 adapter mated to your ADT-Link R43SG will allow your PCie card to be used.   Laughing Out Loud  

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
vorname nach
(@vorname_nach)

Stupid me tried to save money.
Thanks for clarification @nando4 !

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
Stepan
(@stepan)

@itsage, Hello I am new to the whole egpu thing. I have an old macbook pro 2011 with dead dedicated gpu and i am now using the integrated hd 3000. I was wondering if i could somehow plug an egpu and use it with an external monitor. I am also looking for some cheap way to do it. Your post looks like something I am looking for. I do not want anything fancy, probably some cheap gpu so i can run fcpx like intels integrated graphics from 2017. I also have only thunderbolt 1. Do you think this is a good idea? If so, are there any problems i could come across? Thank you very much.

Stepan

ReplyQuote
Damien
 Damien
(@Damien)

I was wondering the same thing. I have a late 2012 mac mini with Thunderbolt 1 so it cannot power the Wavlink UTE02. But If I go for the ADT-Link R43SG-TB3 which is 2 in 1, do you think it still requires T3 external power from the computer port since it already has the main PSU socket ? I was thinking about ADT-Link R43SG-TB3 and a T1 to T3 adapter to my MacMini. Nice build thanks

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@Damien, I'm not sure how the Thunderbolt 3 mainboard on the ADT-Link R43SG-TB3 is powered. If it depends on the downstream PD from the Thunderbolt 3 connection then we're in the same predicament as this build. If it's self-powered through the PSU connection then we can use a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Hanson Yu
(@hanson_yu)

@itsage, Hi, I've got a question to ask, the WAVLINK USB C to M.2 NVMe SSD you used in your build only supports usb3.1 gen 2 10Gbps, doesn't external graphic cards requires thunderbolts 3? I've been recently planning for a egpu build, I just want to clarify wether is it ok to use a gen2 10Gbps adapter or do I HAVE to get a m2-TB3 adapter? Huge thanks to anyone who can help.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@hanson_yu, @itsage has been clear that he is using a M.2-TB3 adapter . USB-C Gen2 cannot transmit PCIe signals needed for a eGPU. The M.2-TB3 adapter could be a WAVLINK UTE02, JEYI Leidian or Orico TCM2T3-G40 .

eGPU hardware:

ADT-Link R43SG + Wavlink UTE02 M.2-TB3 + Dell DA-2 + PowerColor RX 5700 + .5m Thunderbolt 3 cable

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Norman P. Aquino
(@norman_p_aquino)

Do i need to reinstall Windows 10 for the ADT-Link M.2 adapter? I'm moving my NVME SSD to the TB3 enclosure and booting through the Thunderbolt 3 port of my laptop. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
 of  6