2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core ...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.3 & Win10 [briefcase0j]  

of  2
  RSS

briefcase0j
(@briefcase0j)

@anticrypt,I uesd this one as well , sorry I' ve not been specific for the EFI file. But hay, congratulations  man! Formal Smile  

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.3 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Dion Martinez
(@dion_martinez)

@briefcase0j, Thanks for the guide! I have the same setup and got it working awhile back but totally skipped step 4. You addressed why you did it to another user above and my question is would I see a big performance difference? I've noticed with some games that I get low FPS like on COD Warzone. Just trying to justify if I should attempt to possibly break my already working eGPU. TIA!

This post was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Vincent
(@vincent)

@briefcase0j

About the step 5. Do you still have to do the Port dance (left, right, left) at each login?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Victor Boucher
(@victor_boucher)

@vincent, I think so, in my case I have to do it every time I load into Windows. Otherwise I will just get the code 12 error again.

If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know!

Btw thanks @briefcase0j for this guide, I was about 8 hours deep into egpu hell and your steps managed to fix my issues!

ReplyQuote
TheUKDave
(@theukdave)

Thanks @briefcase0j for the guide.  This is day 2 of my research into what I initially thought was to be a plug'n'play solution for me.  How naive I was yesterday!

I would like to check something, you mentioned about changing settings to boot from an external disk ... did you actually install (bootcamp) Windows on an external disk, or is this just a necessary step for something in the process?

Finally, does this process allow games to be accelerated by the eGPU on the internal display, or only external monitors?  In my case, it's primarily going to be used for VR, so do you think that will work? I think my headset needs to be connected over USB-C, and I don't think the 5700XT has that connection, so I guess it'd need to work with the headset still plugged into the MBP16 ..

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
 of  2