Setup & Software Discussions
2019 Mini PC [8th,6C,K] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 9.0b) + Win10 [ChaiQi]

2019 Mini PC [8th,6C,K] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 9.0b) + Win10 [ChaiQi]  

RSS

ChaiQi
(@chaiqi)

System Specs
Model: Core i9 8950HK mini pc 
CPU:  I9 8950hk
iGPU: Intel HD 630
EGPU enclosure: EXP GDC 9.0b
GPU: GTX 1070
Operating System: Win10

Benchmarks

Inspired TechTablets video on the i7 version on the mini pc with EGPU.
All credit goes to him.

I wanted to update my current system from the ASRock beebox-s 7200u to the I9 8950hk mini PC while keeping all my existing components. 
TechTablets used the ADT-Link R43SG enclosure while I used my old EXP GDC 9.0b. If i have to advise which one to use I would say the ADT-Link R43SG would be a better choice in this case since it was just plug and play.
For me and my 9.0b I had to play around with the bios settings in order to get it to work as well as use the NVME only slot.

My Bios came with CSM disabled so in order to boot i needed to enable it. Here are the setting i have in my CSM options

This topic was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
ChaiQi
(@chaiqi)

Update:

System Specs
Model: Core i9 8950HK mini pc 
CPU:  I9 8950hk
iGPU: Intel HD 630
EGPU enclosure: EXP GDC 9.0b
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 TI Turbo
Operating System: Win10

I recently got a Asus GTX 1080 TI turbo on ebay for pretty cheap so i decided to replace the 1070 on this build. 

Benchmarks

Key Points

This setup will not work out of the box. The gtx 1080 ti will use more than the 220w power limit that the exp gdc has with the dell da-2 power supply. 
My system would immediately shutdown when using the stock settings.  In order to get the gtx 1080 ti working undervolting is needed.
I found that the sweet spot for me was .950 v at a frequency of 1912 mhz. I used MSI Afterburner beta to achieve the undervolting. So far My system is stable.
Will update after some more use and testing.

This post was modified 2 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote