2019 14" Lenovo Yoga C940 [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) +...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 14" Lenovo Yoga C940 [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 1909 [Topher]  

of  4
  RSS

Mariano Fernandez Riveira
(@mariano_fernandez_riveira)

Hi, today I installed my Razer Core X Chroma with my RX 570 on my C940 (14"). I had to manually install all drivers, windows didn't recognize the Gpu.

At first, it froze every time I boot windows(after login screen) with the egpu connected. Reading this forum I fixed this by plugging the egpu after the login.

But I am having a rare problem, whenever I play(Max 1-2 minutes) the computer and egpu instantly shuts down. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mariano Fernandez Riveira
(@mariano_fernandez_riveira)

I fixed the shutdown problem by disabling the Igpu, but now I have the problem that I can't change the resolution of the display. I have the Lenovo C940 4K, and with an RX 570 I cant any game at that resolution. 

Does anybody know how to change the resolution?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
palmerchaun
(@palmerchaun)

@topher, You didn't happen to run into any 207 Errors with the Oops something went wrong message while installing the AMD drivers did you? I have the exact same configuration of Lenovo C940, but I can't get my 5700xt to run properly in windows with my Mantiz Venus. If I hook up my macbook, it works perfectly in macOS, so I imagine I have some driver or software configuration issue. I am on Windows 10 build 1909

My RX 580 worked without too much trouble, so I'm not sure why the 5700XT is giving me grief

2017 MacBook Pro 13" / Lenovo Yoga C940 + RX 580 (Mantis Venus) + macOS 11.0.1 / Win10

ReplyQuote
 of  4