2019 13" Razer Blade Stealth [10th,4C,U] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (mini eGF...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 13" Razer Blade Stealth [10th,4C,U] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (mini eGFX) + Win10 1903 [itsage]  

of  2
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@eightarmedpet I ran the RX 5700 XT + Mantiz Venus last night but didn't have time to install any vintage games just yet. I might have to swap the 256GB drive for something larger before I install newer games. A quick observation is that RX 5700 XT performs worse than RTX 2060 Super through internal display mode. I installed the latest graphics drivers from AMD and Nvidia. It seems Radeon drivers have regressed in performance to make things more stable. Through the external monitor, both are about the same.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Michael J
(@michael_j)

@itsage I apologize if this isn't the place to ask this so if not please redirect me to where to ask. I'm looking @ getting a Razer Core-X I've got a budget of around $2000 USD for a laptop for schooling stuff. I am a cybersecurity student who likes to mess around with Virtual Machines and the like but also love gaming. I have a GTX 970 I'd probably put in the but would like to get your opinion between one of the RBS 13's and the MSI Prestige 15. I was leaning towards the MSI laptop because of upgradeability until I learned about the x2 limitation on one NVME. They're both thin and light machines but the RBS 13 just seems like a beautiful machine but I didn't want to limit myself to a quad core and a single NVME and soldered on RAM. My hopes is to get a kinda "future proof" machine with the 6-core machine and TB3. Do you think I'd screw myself out of future-proofing if I got the Razer Blade Stealth 13 for its small and light form-factor?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@michael_j Unless you plan on using the NVMe M.2 slot for M.2 eGPU adapter, I'd recommend the Razer Blade Stealth with the Ice Lake CPU over the MSI Prestige 15. Too bad the RAM is soldered on it (16GB). The SSD can be upgraded very affordably. In my opinion the Thunderbolt 3 integration of i7-1065G7 is better for eGPU use than more cores.

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

Michael J liked
ReplyQuote
lange112
(@lange112)

Hello,

Just as a helpful thing to know. Could you tell me what version of windows you are running on this build and if you are able to hotplug/surprise disconnect flawlessly on this build?

Cheers,

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lange112, Yes the Razer Blade Stealth Mercury edition has been working flawlessly with RTX eGPUs. I left it in sleep mode for the past week and woke it up tonight. RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Box resumed working with G-Sync monitor notifying it's enabled. I hot-unplugged then hot-plugged and all worked as expected. The Windows 10 1903 is most recent version I believe.

ReplyQuote
Ivan Stefanov
(@ivan-stefanov)

@itsage, how do you think the 15W versión of the laptop would perform with the 2060s? I’m currently getting solid 110FPS and 95FPS respectively in CS GO and RB6S with the internal gtx 1650 Max-q on an external 1080p 144hz G-sync monitor. Would the gains be reasonable?

I’ve almost ordered a Razer Core X and need an advice regarding the gpu. I would like to be able to maintain 144FPS at similar shooters.

However, the rumour that 3000 series GPUs might be just around the corner makes me want to wait and possibly go for the top tier 3080ti and future proof my setup and even go 4K at some point.

Can you please let me know what you think as I can see you’ve had experience both with the 2060s and the 2080ti?

Thanks

Late 2019 4K Razer Stealth GTX + Razer Core X

ReplyQuote
Lawless Heaven
(@lawless_heaven)

@ivan-stefanov, Heard news that 3000 series will come in q3-4 so September/ October. And Rtx 3080Ti will come out January 2021. Was considering waiting also but decided to pull trigger on rtx 2070 super

Asus G501VW I7 6700HQ Razer Core X RTX 2070 SUPER

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@ivan-stefanov, You can disable the dGPU and change settings in Razer Synapse so that the i7-1065g7 can run at 25W while connected to the eGPU. You should get the same if not better performance than in my build OP because of the larger surface heatsink.

ReplyQuote
Ivan Stefanov
(@ivan-stefanov)

@lawless_heaven, @itsage Thanks for the replies. Just ordered a Razer core X but decided to wait until the end of the month to see if there will be any new GPUs coming out soon. I'd probably go 2080S from the current selection.

Late 2019 4K Razer Stealth GTX + Razer Core X

ReplyQuote
 of  2