2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + ...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004 // Clean & seamless 1-cable-solution with a 34" widescreen  

of  2
  RSS

Patrick Steiger
(@patrick_steiger)

Posted by: @viktor_g

CSGO: 270 FPS

May I ask what test did you run, at which resolution did you run the test, and at which graphics settings? I'm very interested in an eGPU setup for CS:GO on Windows. Right now I am able to attain 100˜200 FPS at 1024x768 at lowest graphical settings and locking the CPU clock multiplier to 22x. I own a MacBook Pro 2018 15" with Radeon 560X with a 240hz monitor, and 100˜200 is a bit frustrating.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Viktor G
(@viktor_g)
Eminent Member

@patrick_steiger, i didn't run a benchmark, I simply played a game on Dust and kept an eye on the FPS. The resolution was 3440x1440 and every graphical setting was set on max. There are certainly FPS drops to sub 200, but nothing major. If you like, I can run a benchmark of your choice for you.

EDIT: I ran the uLLeticaL FPS Benchmark 1.01 and here are the results:

- 1920x1080, highest settings: 263,64 FPS avg.

- 3440x1080, highest settings: 213,61 FPS avg.

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
YesiLikeJazz
(@yesilikejazz)

@viktor_g, I was wondering what build of Win 10 2004 you're running? I've been trying to get my build (MSI RTX 2060 Super, Core X, 2020 13" MBP w/ i7) to work for a couple day, but when I hot-plug, Windows recognizes the Core X as a generic USB device, and doesn't see the GPU at all. Someone previously suggested that it could be the build of Windows I'm using that's causing that problem, and since your build is nearly identical and works fine I was curious.

Thanks!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Viktor G
(@viktor_g)
Eminent Member

@yesilikejazz, Hi! The exact build I'm using is 19041.450. However I already allowed Windows to update itself a couple of times and it didn't have a negative effect on the setup. It sounds like a driver issue to me. Do you have Windows Update enabled and did you let Windows install the GPU drivers automatically? That should actually work right out of the box.

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
YesiLikeJazz
(@yesilikejazz)

@viktor_g got it to work! Was indeed the drivers.

I'm finishing up my setup, will post the complete thing once I'm finished moving to my new place. The most interesting thing was that hot-plugging when my USB audio interface (a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) plugged in resulted in a massive visual artifact followed by freezing, then Windows crashing.

ReplyQuote
Viktor G
(@viktor_g)
Eminent Member

@yesilikejazz, great that you got it fixed! Looking forward to seeing your build.

Luckily I never had crashes when hot-plugging however sometimes I'm getting a bluescreen right after unplugging the eGPU. But thats what the disconnect button in Nvidia Optimus is for.

ReplyQuote
 of  2