2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosur...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [itsage]  

of  5
  RSS

Martin Svehla
(@martin_svehla)

@itsage, thank you very much! I will try that.

iMac 27'' 5k late 2015
4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB
eGPU RX 5700 XT + SAPPHIRE enclosure

ReplyQuote
E Wong
(@e_wong)

@itsage, I have tried such disabling all TB3 ports except the one required but it never boots with egpu, do I have to ddu it before attempting? Btw thank you so much for your assistance.

2020 MacBook Pro, i5-1038NG7, 16 GB RAM, 1TB
Akitio Node, MSI RX Vega 56

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@e_wong, The way I understand Windows resource allocation is that once it assigns a particular PCI Express Root Port with a significant amount the other roots will be limited. DDU removes the graphics drivers as well as this PCI Express Root Port association/allocation. Therefore we should run DDU every time we want to switch Thunderbolt 3 port.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
E Wong
(@e_wong)

@itsage, so the process would be

1.DDU

2. Install AMD drivers with factory reset option selected.

3. Shut down the computer instead of selecting restart prompted by the installer.

4.Restart the computer.

Thank you so much for your help. Smile

Edit:

This didn't work, only the TB3 port closest to the tab key worked. 

This post was modified 1 month ago

2020 MacBook Pro, i5-1038NG7, 16 GB RAM, 1TB
Akitio Node, MSI RX Vega 56

ReplyQuote
kobazik
(@kobazik)

@itsage, I've done another new fresh Windows install via bootcamp, disabled auto updates and didn't even connected to WiFi just installed DDU and AMD Adrenaline drivers 20.4.2.0 from offline setup files.

Still getting error 207 at the end of the AMD drivers setup. I've tried DDU and selected factory reset in AMD drivers setup many times without luck.

I've also tried keeping the egpu connected during windows startup. Keyboard freezes for around 30s at Windows log on screen (someone suggested it's a good sign as Windows is allocating resources for the gpu) then Adrenaline setups resumes but at the end I still got error 207.

Which version of Adrenaline drivers are you using? I've got Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ limited edition card. 

Thanks 

MacBook Pro 13 2020 (10nm Ice Lake), i7 2.3Ghz, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD. Razer Core X and Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+ Special Edition

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@kobazik, I'm using the latest 20.4.2 gaming drivers downloaded directly from AMD website. If you see the RX 5700 XT eGPU in Device Manager, maybe do a manual driver update through right-click and point to the Radeon drivers folder.

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
kobazik
(@kobazik)

@itsage, just tried it and it says the drivers are already the latest. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of drivers details of your 5700 XT? Here is mine https://imgur.com/gallery/lrijyD8

I want to make sure I'm not using Windows drivers for some reason even after DDU and while being offline.

Thanks 

MacBook Pro 13 2020 (10nm Ice Lake), i7 2.3Ghz, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD. Razer Core X and Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+ Special Edition

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@kobazik, Mine is the same version as you have. You can try the uninstall button inside Device Manager and do a manual driver update/install from there.

ReplyQuote
Chefkoch
(@chefkoch)

@itsage, finally got it to work! Thanks so much. Someone mentioned disabling the iGPU - did so, restarted and the eGPU was detected and usable, afterwards I could enable the iGPU again and everything was working properly.

2020 13" MacBook Pro (4TB, i5, 16GB) - Razer Core X - AMD RX580 - Boot Camp Error 12 all day every day

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
kobazik
(@kobazik)

@itsage, ok so I've tried disabling facetime camera and broadcome WiFi adapter in device manager, then disabled first PCI root bridge and enabled the second one. I've contacted egpu to the second thunderbolt bolt on the left, driver installation failed again with 207 error. Then I've shutdown and kept egpu plugged. After reboot it works! Not sure which bit made it actually to work.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
 of  5