2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + ...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [itsage]  

of  8
  RSS

asm2020
(@asm2020)

@itsage, thank you so much for your contribution!!!  i got the egpu working without error 12!!! 

But there was a problem that bothered me. I set a login password, which caused the external monitor to not display any screen when I turned on, and it would not display until I logged in to the system.
Do you have any good idea?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Shane1033
(@shane1033)

Hello @itsage, you say with the windows 10 2004 build that the nvidea Egpu was plug and play, did you not have any conflict with the internal graphics card at start up? Many thanks

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@shane1033, Nvidia eGPU can work on the 2020 Ice Lake MacBook Pro plug and play as long as it has at least Win10 2004. If you have the eGPU connected at boot, you'd need an EFI boot loader in order to keep the iGPU activated. Otherwise the iGPU gets disabled when the system detects there's eGPU at boot. I usually hot-plug in Windows Desktop with an Nvidia eGPU so that I can use the iGPU for internal display.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Shane1033
(@shane1033)

@itsage, thanks for your response. I’ve tried tried cold plugging and hot plugging on my new MacBook Pro 13” 2020 with windows 10 2004 and I still get a blue screen then the computer restarts, i think my processor is the i5-8257U which runs coffee lake? Correct me if I’m wrong.....is it still possible

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@shane1033, The i5-8257U model is different. You can look in our build guides and find 2019 13-in MacBook Pro with similar eGPU for set up instructions.

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Bradley.Beal
(@bradley-beal)

@itsage

Hey, 

I finally got past the error 12 and got the AMD software installed, but I am encountering error 43 now when I hotplug or cold plug. Any tips here?

Razer CoreChroma, Rx 570, 2020 13" i5 16GB for reference. 

Cheers, 

Bradley. 

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@bradley-beal, I would say to run DDU again. Remove all Radeon drivers then download and install Radeon 20.4.2 drivers.

ReplyQuote
Bradley.Beal
(@bradley-beal)

@itsage, tried that to no avail! Also tried a different thunderbolt port after DDU'ing and that port with multiple versions of radeon software as well. 

ReplyQuote
kurai_kage
(@kurai_kage)

@itsage, Are you eventually able to update Windows after you get everything working?  I am horrified by the idea of running a non-patched Windows, seems like it is asking for the worst of the internet to just crawl down into the computer and take ownership.  I've read some comments that suggest updating afterwards works, but others say no.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@kurai_kage, On this Ice Lake MacBook Pro, you either stay with 1903 V1 or do a PCI.SYS swap.

ReplyQuote
 of  8