2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200)...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [itsage]  

of  3
  RSS

yurgon
(@yurgon)

@nando4, oh sorry i meant the read @ 2,9xx. I realise it's within 32gbps range, but have seen a few reviews with the EG200 that have been very very close to 3k read and wondering what those devices to differently - whether it's related to the enclosure, or the notebook., or even just device lottery

This post was modified 3 months ago
2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 (RTX3060) [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + Win11 22000 [build link]  

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@yurgon, I believe the higher 2,9XX number is a combination of iTBT on 10th/11th gen CPU and the Titan Ridge controller in this MasterCase EG200. There are oddities too. I have seen a host laptop with iTBT (ASUS ZenBook Duo) posting very different bandwidth numbers depending on the connected eGPU enclosure. I don't know enough to conclude what the real cause is. I know for a fact the enclosures I tested have good firmware so it's on the laptop side.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
yurgon
(@yurgon)

@itsage, awesome, thanks

yeah I've got the tuf dash, so have been contemplating getting an EG200 to see if how it goes with the 11th gen cpu

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 (RTX3060) [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + Win11 22000 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Carl Schroter
(@carl_schroter)

Hello I tried your build with no success. Cry

I got a Macbook pro mid 2017 with eGPU 6700 XT Red Devil and Razer Core.

I keep seeing 12 error.

I would appreciate any recommendation Smile

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@carl_schroter, Each Mac has its own challenge/s in setting up eGPU for Boot Camp mode. Look at our build guides and find the exact model of your Mac then try to replicate the set up procedure.

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
xx x
 xx x
(@xx_x_1)

@itsage, is it possible to run Windows to Go on Macbook and use eGPU?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@xx_x_1, It's possible but I don't recommend it. The setup process will be more challenging and ongoing update/maintenance won't be fun.

ReplyQuote
jay_phoenix
(@jay_phoenix)

@itsage, Hi there,

Please excuse my noobish questions. 
I just bought a 6700xt
I have a 16” MacBook Pro.
I don’t know how to install a specific build of windows and I don’t know why but my device manager looks different from yours. 
I can take photos if you want. 
windows is not recognizing the egpu and I can’t install amd software.

please help!!!

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@jay_phoenix, Go to https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php and select Windows 10, version 1903 - 19H1 (18362.30). It will let you download an ISO of the most eGPU friendly Windows 10. Follow the build guides for 2019 16-in MacBook Pro in our forums and you should be able to get it working in Boot Camp.

ReplyQuote
jay_phoenix
(@jay_phoenix)

@itsage, okay thank you for the info . I will try that when I get home. 

ReplyQuote
 of  3