2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) +...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 10.15.6 & Win10 [Aream_Lakr]  

RSS

Aream Lakr
(@aream_lakr)

System specs:

2020  MacBook Pro  Core i5-1038NG7, Iris Plus iGPU, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

eGPU hardware:

Installation Steps:

Benchmarks:

•  
  • 3D Mark + TIME SPY = GPU [6431] + CPU[4241]      {  I dont know how to public my result page 🙁  }

This topic was modified 3 months ago
2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 10.15.6 & Win10 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
jq555888
(@jq555888)

@aream_lakr

Could you kindly fix the link to the DSDT file?

Pretty sure your method was legit (confirmed by @imbushuo themselves) but ended up getting BSOD after replacing pci.sys, which from the error code it seems to be doing some weird file integrity check. Not sure if secure boot was supposed to be disabled in recovery (as in "Startup Security") but if so somehow it's gone broken somewhere in the course of recoveryOS revisions between 10.15.4 and 10.15.7. Would be really nice if you could detail how exactly you did it.

My initial digging points me to the direction that this error 12 is a BootCamp driver problem that Apple was just too arrogant to fix as the bus bandwidth has been manually limited meaning although eGPUs could be detected they don't have the speed to communicate with the host. Can't believe I'm dealing with this in 2021. Good on Apple for fixing the precision trackpad but still a huge F to them for unnecessarily cuffing these powerful devices :/

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Aream Lakr
(@aream_lakr)

@jq555888

I have updated the link there to patch.aml

secondly, I can’t remember exactly what am I doing that day, it’s 9 months ago. 🙁 you might need some kind of luck)

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 10.15.6 & Win10 [build link]  

jq555888 liked
ReplyQuote
luntik
(@luntik)

@aream_lakr, what's the Windows version do you have now? If I use old pci.sys with the newest version, the system is no longer booted 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Aream Lakr
(@aream_lakr)

@luntik,  I don’t remember much because I don’t use windows anymore. 🙁 

But in my memory, it should be a version before 20H1.

ReplyQuote