2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Bo...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 // first Thunderbolt 4 build  

of  4
  RSS

odin
 odin
(@odin)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @joevt

@david_marquez_mato, I don't think Thunderbolt 4 or USB4 devices will have greater PCIe bandwidth than 24 Gbps. While there exists USB4/Thunderbolt 4 host controllers (Tiger Lake, M1 Mac, Maple Ridge), there don't exist any high bandwidth USB4/Thunderbolt 4 devices yet. We have to wait until they exist before we can do benchmarks. NVMe enclosures that claim to be USB4 are actually only Thunderbolt with USB connection capability. 

I think we'll eventually get Goshen Ridge eGPU clients, but it may take a while.

2018 17" LG Gram 17 [8th,4C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Jose
 Jose
(@Jose)

2021 HP Spectre 14 x360 owner here. Who told you the 16GB config was signal channel? 16GB seems to be the highest tier and upon checking my system with CPU-Z we both have the same CPU and my memory is running in Quad-Channel mode.

You may actually be correct about the build quality. However, I absolutely love the keyboard on the Spectre. Very clicky clacky and just, nice. I didn't get that feeling when I tried the Lenovo 7i/9i. But to each their own.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  4