2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5600M) [9th,8C,H] + RTX 3090 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5600M) [9th,8C,H] + RTX 3090 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + Win10 [bmagnien]  

of  2
  RSS

Charly4
(@charly4)
Trusted Member

@limga, Hey!! Same like you, I was near to buy Razer Core but since I found this Matiz Saturn I’m going to buy it, but for me it’s really important to have it working with all features in Win10 bootcamp, Did you bought it? I don’t want to have problems with error code 12

Macbook PRO 16" 2019 - 2,3 GHz i9 32GB - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB
Mantiz Saturn Pro 2 (Waiting Mantiz to send it) - AMD RX590 8GB

Macbook PRO Retina 2012 15" (Intel HD 4000 + Nvidia Geforce GT 650M)
Akitio Thunder 2 + Nvidia 970 GTX

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@adem_gun, There are no Nvidia drivers in macOS for several years now.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2018 Mac Mini [8th,4C,B] + RX Vega 56 Nano @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + macOS 12.0 & Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Limga
(@limga)

Posted by: @charly4

@limga, Hey!! Same like you, I was near to buy Razer Core but since I found this Matiz Saturn I’m going to buy it, but for me it’s really important to have it working with all features in Win10 bootcamp, Did you bought it? I don’t want to have problems with error code 12

Hi!

I went with Razer Core X Chroma instead, since I got a pretty decent deal. Mantiz Saturn EGPU still looks great to me (SD slot is killer feature), but Core X Chroma was simple cheaper and easier to find. Good luck Smile  

MacBook Pro 16 (5500M 8Gb, i9 2.3GHz, 32Gb RAM), Razer Core X Chroma, Vega 64 (custom liquid cooling)

Charly4 liked
ReplyQuote
Charly4
(@charly4)
Trusted Member

@bmagnien thank you for sharing your work, those modifications looks great!!

Hey I'm near to buy Mantiz Saturn Pro also, but first I would like to know how is the bootcamp behaviors. Reading you post looks like your setup is working just plug an play, Isn´t it? I have also 2019 16" MBP, well looks like you have the newer version 2020´s with that new dGPU option AMD 6500 PRO, but I supoose that almos everything inside is the same, so I'm really interested to know how has been your experience making it working.

I'll would be really pleased if you share more details about it, Any error code 12 present? In that case How did you solve it? Something to know about 

As I've been reading making Saturn Pro 2 working in bootcamp with Nvidia is much easier than AMD but my main use of it is going to be on OS X so I'm going to use AMD, at the beginning a RX590 that actually is connected to my loved Mac Pro 5.1, Do you have any experience with AMD cards and Saturn Pro?

Thank you for your time!!

Macbook PRO 16" 2019 - 2,3 GHz i9 32GB - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB
Mantiz Saturn Pro 2 (Waiting Mantiz to send it) - AMD RX590 8GB

Macbook PRO Retina 2012 15" (Intel HD 4000 + Nvidia Geforce GT 650M)
Akitio Thunder 2 + Nvidia 970 GTX

ReplyQuote
grilljanne
(@grilljanne)

@bmagnien, how did you manage to install the NVIDIA drivers for 3090 on Windows 10 Pro 1903? All NVIDIA drivers supporting 3090 needs 20H1.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  2