2020 17" Sager NP8378F2 (RTX2070S) [10th,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10
Note above the cuts in the PSU bracket which allow connection of the Motherboard power connector in this orientation.
- Remove fan from PSU bracket and remove PSU bracket from enclosure (requires small phillips head and T10 Torx head screwdrivers).
- Remove stock PSU.
- Cut the PSU bracket as necessary using a hack saw, Dremel tool, or other, to allow access to necessary power output ports (especially motherboard power output port) depending on PSU orientation. (Installing the PSU upside down orients the PSU internal fan toward the exterior vent.)
- Install 90-degree C13 3 Pin Female to C14 3 Pin Male power cable adapter to Superflower PSU
- Install Superflower PSU. Optional: Install PSU upside down, such that the PSU fan faces outboard. Use the stock rubber spacer for the PSU front face (just clears the "Eco" switch). N.B.: With the PSU in this orientation, the PSU power switch and power port will not be accessible through the enclosure's built-in window. The 90-degree C13-to-C14 dongle allows the power cable to be routed down to the window and out.
- Install PSU bracket.
- Connect power cables from PSU to enclosure controller board power ports. Superflower PSU has one "motherboard" output and multiple "universal" outputs. Run Motherboard 24-pin power cable from Motherboard Output to 24-pin input. Run CPU cable from any universal output to 8-pin input on controller board.
- Install fan to PSU bracket.
- Install video card.
- Run 3x VGA 6+2-pin power cables from any universal outputs to power inputs atop card.
- Manage cables.
- Close enclosure. (As you slide the chassis into the outer case, watch out for the locking pin hanging down from the top center of the outer case, as it will snag power cables.)
- Power on enclosure and connect to TB3 port on laptop using Razer included TB3 cable.
- Reboot PC in Safe Mode.
- Run DDU to remove all Nvidia video drivers, followed by full boot-up.
- Manually download and install latest unified "Game Ready Driver" from Nvidia.
Both GPUs should now be online.
All benchmarks run on external monitor (4k TV)
Embarked on the eGPU journey in order better to support VR applications, especially VR flight sims (X-Plane 11 and MSFS2020) with very large draw distances and textures. We'll see how that goes.