2019 13" HP Spectre X360 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) +...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 13" HP Spectre X360 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10  

of  2
  RSS

Calvin Or
(@calvin_or)

@ryan_steckler, Hi, how did you make this 2080ti gpu work on razer x core?

my razer x core only got 2x8pins, the 2080ti gpu needs 2x8pins + 6pins.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ryan Steckler
(@ryan_steckler)

It just depends on which video card you have. My Evga XC Ultra only requires 2x8 power plugs. 

@johnny365, depends on the game, but I found the cpu was always throttling gameplay because the laptop just can't dissipate the cpu heat from gaming. 

2019 13" HP Spectre X360 [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Johnny365
(@johnny365)

I see. So you still use that setup to this day? 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Nutype
(@nutype)

I have the same laptop, and found that the CPU was throttling to about 13.5 watts after extended load. You can use Throttlestop to change this so it limits at a higher wattage(Do this at your own risk) I have it set at 18 watts at the moment.

I would actually prefer if the fans would run at full blast, but instead this laptop first hits max temperature, throttles the CPU, before ramping up the fans. Then once the fans cool enough, it sometimes turns off the fans completely and lets the temps spike up again, throttles, then ramps the fans up again in an endless cycle. This caused stuttering and inconsistent FPS in a lot games.

Raising the wattage to 18 helped in my case because the fans now don't cool enough to hit the threshold where it decides to turn off the fan. I found that I could run up to around 22 watts constant and the fans would be good enough the keep temperatures around 80C. I also tried 25 watts, but the temps were constantly at 90C and above and I didn't like that.

2020 13" HP Spectre X360 [10th,4C,G] + RX 570 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (PowerColor Mini Pro) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
aurelius pontius
(@aurelius_pontius)

Nice score!

2019 15" Clevo P775TM1-G [9th,8C] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // custom enclosure [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  2