2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15....

Notifications
Clear all

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.5 & Win10 1903 [weir_doh]  

of  2
  RSS

Derek Brannon
(@derek_brannon)

Man I can’t seem to get it work on bootup. What’s your boot up procedure? I’ve been leaving the power switched on so that it boots up with windows and I’ll get a second of display and then I get nothing. I’ve successfully gotten it boot up with the HDMI cable plugged into the card a handful of times and the rest of the time it’s just a black display. Not sure what to do. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
AlanWM
(@alanwm)

Posted by: @weir_doh

Windows Benchmarks:

Heaven:

Geekbench:

I have a similar setup as yours but I couldn't get the high FPS in Heaven with exact setting. No matter what setting I chose, it never exceed 50fps. Some thing seems hindering the rx5600xt. Radeon software is set to default. Should I reinstall the AMD driver?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
scanarch
(@scanarch)

hey @Weir_doh, thank you for sharing your results. Have you tried running GPU extensive tasks on MacOS instead of Windows (e.g. games)? Did you have any problems with it?

I have a similar setup as you do but I am facing some weird fan issues with my 5600 XT ( https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/fans-spin-and-stop-constantly-on-sapphire-pulse-5600xt/) and I have been wondering whether you had similar ones. I have not tested Windows yet.

ReplyQuote
 of  2