2022 13" ASUS Flow Z13 (RTX3050Ti) [12th,14C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (R...

Notifications
Clear all

2022 13" ASUS Flow Z13 (RTX3050Ti) [12th,14C,H] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win11  

of  3
  RSS

dudekuen
(@dudekuen)

Hey guys, i had a Asus Zenbook 14x UX5401 with i7-12700H, and i tried ThrottleStop to set the PL1 and PL2 since my CPU score running in Timespy and Cinebench seems in low scroe.

R23
Timespy

But i forgot the factory setting in ThrottleStop, could you guys give me a hand to check whether the TPL/PL1/Pl2 setting is normal or not as i don't want to drain out the battery while i am out.   Pray   Sorry for a little bit offtopic.

TPL
Hi

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

Posted by: @itsage

@gerd_fuafsljfe, I got bad news. My RTX 3080 XG Mobile has been working great with the ROG Flow X13 in the past half year. Within the first hour of using it with the ROG Flow Z13, it crashed during AIDA64 GPGPU and no longer powered on. Prior to that, the Z13 was able to connect and recognize both XG Mobile and Thunderbolt 3 eGPU at the same time.

This is really disappointing and I will either have to do RMA with ASUS on the XG Mobile or open it up to check the PSU.

I finally received my XG Mobile RTX 3080 and ROG Flow X13 back after more than 5 weeks at ASUS Support for RMA. They replaced the mainboard of this XG Mobile and did basic power tests then sent it back to me. While the replacement board works, the firmware of this board is older than the dead board and therefore the ASUS XGm software utility would complain every time I connect it to the ROG Flow X13. Randomly the Dialog to switch over to the RTX 3080 eGPU would come on, but most of the time there's nothing happens and the laptop stays with the RTX 3050 Ti dGPU. I've been search for a way to manually update the XG Mobile firmware but came up short so far. This has been a terrible experience and yet another reminder that propriety solutions are often not worth it.

LinkedIn | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 Gigabyte Z590i Vision D [11th,6C] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
SolaRayvelation
(@solarayvelation)

@itsage, Have you done any tests with the TB4 or NVMe Connection? I think this tablet is really interesting even when I'm not into this proprietary xg mobile devices.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@solarayvelation, I returned the Z13 shortly after it broke my XG Mobile RTX 3080. I will do a x4 PCIe 4.0 NVMe slot vs Thunderbolt 4 through a more reliable host computer.

LinkedIn | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 Gigabyte Z590i Vision D [11th,6C] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  3