2021 16" Lenovo Legion 5i Pro Gen 6 (RTX3060) [11th,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB...

Notifications
Clear all

2021 16" Lenovo Legion 5i Pro Gen 6 (RTX3060) [11th,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 21H1 [Wildfear]  

of  2
  RSS

Boltoway
(@boltoway)
Estimable Member

@se12897, Warzone has notoriously bad performance on almost all eGPU setups I have seen, and every eGPU setup I have personally used. I get far better performance on desktops and laptops with inferior hardware. 

Even with my current setup, while using DLSS, the performance drops considerably under certain conditions. 

2021 14" Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Pro (MX450) [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3060 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 21H1 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
noz time
(@noz_time)

Great post much helpful information, im looking for buying this setup too. Do you still having occasional disconnection? Anything else should i take note for this build?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
noz time
(@noz_time)

Between , can you do screen response time test ? 

https://www.testufo.com/mprt

This post was modified 1 week ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
wildfear
(@wildfear)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @noz_time

Great post much helpful information, im looking for buying this setup too. Do you still having occasional disconnection? Anything else should i take note for this build?

After some time, disconnects happen only when I go back form work, where I use only a usbc dock, and boot at home with my egpu connected.

Sometime I need 2-3 reboot to get it ready and then it's stable even with long time heavy crypto mining.

I will continue to search for the origin of this issue...

This said, I really like this laptop as it's a good portable desktop replacement with a ton of IO, best perf/thermals and gorgeous display.

2021 16" Lenovo Legion 5i Pro Gen 6 (RTX3060) [11th,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 21H1 [build link]  

noz time liked
ReplyQuote
wildfear
(@wildfear)
Trusted Member

Update on disconnects / instabilities on boot.

I tried to boot without my HP G5 dock connected, only with AC adapter and EGPU plug-in and it seems to go without any issue.

Have to try a couple more time but it might be an priority issue in IO addressing when too much devices are connected on external ports TB / USB on cold boot.

2021 16" Lenovo Legion 5i Pro Gen 6 (RTX3060) [11th,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 21H1 [build link]  

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
 of  2