2022 14" ASUS Zenbook 14X Space Edition [12th,14C,H] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Ra...

Notifications
Clear all

2022 14" ASUS ZenBook 14X Space Edition [12th,14C,H] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win11 22H2  

of  2
  RSS

OmegaMalkior
(@omegamalkior)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @wildfear

@perfectillusion, got the same issue with my fresh arived one (12700H variant).

Reflashing the bios seems to have resolve the issue. 

But for now, I can't get it to work with my TB/M.2 Nvme eGPU setup, I will try razer core chrome later ...

Edit : no more luck with my razer core chroma, like TB device was not detected ... @omegamalkior did you have any issue like that ?

Make sure to update to the latest August 3rd BIOS, could maybe fix any issues you've been getting. It partially solved my battery throttling so yeah at least something is out of the way there. 

Also never have had issues with my eGPU with the Zenbook. One person did where it wasn't detected only by this Zenbook and the fix was to swap out the TB cable. I don't really know why this fixed it for him but it definitely did. 

2022 14" ASUS ZenBook 14X Space Edition [12th,14C,H] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win11 22H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
OmegaMalkior
(@omegamalkior)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @perfectillusion

@wildfear, interesting. Thank you for sharing. Maybe somebody should tell Asus. ^^
Which BIOS version did you use? Because for me nothing changed when updating to the May 2022 version, which had just been released back then.
For the TB issue: I found out that sometimes only the rear TB port got the eGPU runnng for me. At least it seemed more reliable.

Just out of curiousity, maybe I'll buy another unit and test your theory...

Both ports have been working fine for me. That said, I normally use the bottom one which maybe is the one you mentioned? Never had issues with the top one regardless

And just as a btw, I just edited in my full review for the Zenbook 14X Space Edition at the top of the main post in case you want to compare experiences. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago
2022 14" ASUS ZenBook 14X Space Edition [12th,14C,H] + RTX 3070 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Razer Core X) + Win11 22H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
wildfear
(@wildfear)
Estimable Member

@omegamalkior

since then, I returned the device.

But i found recently that new alderlake laptops are way more sensitive to cable lenght (hence latency ?)

With my new Yoga 7i pro X (14" 12700h iGPU only variant / build incoming soon), I couldn't make it work with both my 2m certified cables.

And i works perfectly with a basic 0.4m cable right now.

I suspect my experience with the zenbook to be linked to this length issue.

2022 16" ASUS Zephyrus M16 (RTX3070Ti) [12th,14C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50 * ADT-Link R43SG) + Win11 // inc MSI GS66 12700h numbers as bonus [build link]  

ReplyQuote
OmegaMalkior
(@omegamalkior)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @wildfear

@omegamalkior

since then, I returned the device.

But i found recently that new alderlake laptops are way more sensitive to cable lenght (hence latency ?)

With my new Yoga 7i pro X (14" 12700h iGPU only variant / build incoming soon), I couldn't make it work with both my 2m certified cables.

And i works perfectly with a basic 0.4m cable right now.

I suspect my experience with the zenbook to be linked to this length issue.

That is most odd cuz at least my 1m cable worked just fine. Haven't tried with 2m tho. What cable would you recommend to avoid possible latency?

ReplyQuote
wildfear
(@wildfear)
Estimable Member

@omegamalkior

My guess is 1m is the limit to avoid any issue.

I might give a shot to the new apple 3m cable, but not a priority right now for me 😉

2022 16" ASUS Zephyrus M16 (RTX3070Ti) [12th,14C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50 * ADT-Link R43SG) + Win11 // inc MSI GS66 12700h numbers as bonus [build link]  

Boltoway liked
ReplyQuote
 of  2