2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win...

Notifications
Clear all

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 1903 [DeNachtwacht]  

of  4
  RSS

DeNachtwacht
(@denachtwacht)
Eminent Member

I connect it to the Thunderbolt closest to the tab key if that helps. Strange that it doesn’t work. Does the eGPU work in macOS?

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member

Posted by: Rycco

I had a 2017 15` mbp that simply wouldn't recognize the thunderbolt 3 devices on windows bootcamp. I had to get it to Apple care and they changed the logic board. Not saying its your case, but you can try this.

Btw when I had this issue, the GPU still worked on MacOS, which was a wtf.

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP555) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.12.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
droidfu
(@droidfu)

I had a 2017 15` mbp that simply wouldn't recognize the thunderbolt 3 devices on windows bootcamp. I had to get it to Apple care and they changed the logic board. Not saying its your case, but you can try this.

Btw when I had this issue, the GPU still worked on MacOS, which was a wtf.

The USB hub in gaming box is working well through thunderbolt3, so thunderbolt itself seems no issues in my side.
I'm crazy try everything waste so many time, it's time to give up now..

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
DeNachtwacht
(@denachtwacht)
Eminent Member

Have you tried to unplug the eGPU, boot into Windows and then put in the Thunderbolt cable? Maybe this is the way to go for instelling, i don’t remember how i did that.

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
droidfu
(@droidfu)

I'm able to recognize my Gaming box in win 10 1803 now.
I just power disconnect it for one day and a night.. seems something inside the box is reset to good state.
Now the only thing I meet is the 'error 12' now.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
droidfu
(@droidfu)

It's finally full working now on my 2018 13" i7 16G 512GB.
Fix error 12 by clover dsdt override patch provid by below discuss.

Posted by: nando4

2018 13" MBP's factory DSDT no longer has 'large memory' in Windows like a 2017 13" MBP has

Confirmed with an offline user who had error 12 in Windows. This was fixed by disabling secure boot followed by a 'load' of the following DSDT override:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p2zb5g9hxhia5p4/Apple_2018_mid-13in-Macbook-Pro-TouchBar_zeren.zip/file

ReplyQuote
DeNachtwacht
(@denachtwacht)
Eminent Member

Posted by: droidfu

2018 13" MBP's factory DSDT no longer has 'large memory' in Windows like a 2017 13" MBP has

Confirmed with an offline user who had error 12 in Windows. This was fixed by disabling secure boot followed by a 'load' of the following DSDT override:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p2zb5g9hxhia5p4/Apple_2018_mid-13in-Macbook-Pro-TouchBar_zeren.zip/file

Can you tell me how you got it to work? Was it hotplugging that detected the gpu? I can update the manual then.

ReplyQuote
aoa
 aoa
(@btc)

What happen if you with to boot into Windows and connect eGPU before the apple logo disappears?

I'm wondering if plugging in early(like before booting) going to be a problem if I'm using external display.

ReplyQuote
droidfu
(@droidfu)

Posted by: DeNachtwacht
Posted by: droidfu

Can you tell me how you got it to work? Was it hotplugging that detected the gpu? I can update the manual then.

GPU not detectable possible because something wrong with my gaming box 1080, I do a hardware reset by "remove the power cable and leave it for 24 hours", then it is recognized in bootcamp. I actually didn't known what really happened 😐 .

For the "error 12" issue, I follow this guide  https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/#post-1598 but the modified dsdt.aml I direct use the file I mentioned before, I'm not able to decompile it from my machine, it shows some error like below.

Decompilation Error

iASL returned: 

Loading Acpi table from file iASLnifvpg.aml

Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded

Pass 1 parse of [DSDT].

I'm not sure why you didn't get 'error 12' for memory resource address not enough, that should be an issue need fix.

BTW, I'm not able use apple_set_os.efi, with loading it I'm not able to detect eGPU. I have to connect eGPU at the time windows logo show up and make everything working.

ReplyQuote
transformers007
(@transformers007)

hi there is macbook pro but unfortunately i can not connect gigabyte gtx 1080 game box i have a chance to make a video about how to make a recipe from you i am in a very difficult situation

ReplyQuote
 of  4