2015 17" Acer Nitro Black VN7-792G (GTX960M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 ...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 17" Acer Nitro Black VN7-792G (GTX960M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 [tunatoro]  

of  2
  RSS

OsirisGOG
(@osirisgog)

Thanks tunatoro
Glad to see it works fine with acer product because I've acer predator 17

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Nyanmizu
(@nyanmizu)

Hi tunatoro,

thank you for sharing this info. I have a few questions regarding on this setup.

1. Is it possible to re-enable the dGPU after disconnecting the eGPU? coz sometimes I still need the dGPU when I'm playing games outside home. Of course its kinda weird if you are bringing the eGPU case at office, college or cafe.
2. Is there anything happened such as crashed, program not responding, or BSOD etc. after switching back from dGPU to eGPU? Because I'm not really sure if the NVidia GeForce Experience program will get "confused" between the 960M and 1070. If that happened, I may have plan to buy the RX 580 card just to prevent from clashing between the NVidia and AMD program/driver.

I have my laptop VN7-592G, and planning to buy Akitio Node next plan. My target is to extend another 2 years of laptop usage and save money from buying another new gaming laptop, so I can play latest games on my current laptop before it goes obsolete. I do agreed that this laptop provides a powerful processor and cheaper price than other laptops.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Two interesting facts to note:
1) Unigine valley performance does hardly change between 20GBits and 40GBits, that is because of the setting, if you run the test with far more FPS, this will be different.
2) On my 15" MacBookPro 2018, 20Gbit USB-C cable do nothing with an eGPU. They just don't work, it's as if it doesn't reconize them as Thunderbolt.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 & macOS 10.15.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  2