2020 15" Acer Swift 5 (MX250) [10th, 4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer ...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 15" Acer Swift 5 (MX250) [10th, 4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10  

RSS

Louisoosthuizen7@gmail.com
(@louisoosthuizen7gmail-com)

System specs (Acer Swift 5, Iris plus, windows 10, Rtx 2070 super)

16gb Ram

1TB NVME ssd 

eGPU hardware (Razer Core X)

Hardware pictures 

Installation steps Literally plugged it in and installed the drivers from Nvidia after the device was detected, also remember that the Core x won't power up unless TB3 is plugged into the laptop, Thought mine was dead.

Benchmarks 

Cuda z

Ada 64

Comments

Really should have done my homework better on building this rig, I first planned to run it on a Hp Pavillion gaming machine only to realize that it had USB C not thunderbolt 3. I then sold the machine and got the swift 5. he most important info I missed was reading up about the performance on ULV machines and tdp 15-watt processors in this guide on the buyer's guide link. I mainly planned to use this machine for gaming (big mistake) especially for CPU heavy games like call of duty warzone. I think the CPU throttles. You can also tweak CPU priority to improve framerates. At first, I was getting really low framerates and after numerous guides, I'm averaging at about 80 fps at 1080p.

This topic was modified 3 months ago
2020 15" Acer Swift 5 (MX250) [10th, 4C,G] + RTX 2070 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

mr.ribeiro and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote